Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The Biltmore/Kiwanis Classic 15k - May 21st, 2017 – Race Recap

A couple of my running friends and I decided that we would do the Royal Trifecta Challenge this year. Since we completed the Asheville Half Marathon at Biltmore in March we would just need to complete the Biltmore Kiwanis 15K in May and the Asheville 10 Off Road Race in September. Once you have completed all three events you get this beautiful Royal Trifecta Medals!! Who doesn’t love medals?


The weather was looking pretty dreadful on the way up the mountain to Asheville. To be honest we do more skipping runs on rainy mornings than running them so I was dreading running in the rain. 


I have done SOME running in the rain but hardly enough to be well prepared for it. I was very worried about my feet. My feet give me the most of my running related problems. I was thinking blisters, slips/falls, wet soaking feet, ugggg, did I mention the dread I felt. The "weather man" even suggested it was not a good day for a run...


As we drove in the pounding rain it began to look as though we might miss race day packet pick up and honestly we had resolved to go grab some breakfast at a favorite pastry and coffee shop if we did. As luck would have it though we made it just in the nick of time to grab our packets as they were packing up and head to the race. 


We decided we would not run this race for any sort of time goals and instead just have as much fun as possible splashing in the rain.


The 15K course ran throughout the beautiful Biltmore grounds that we are very familiar with from the Asheville Half Marathons we have ran. 




The horses were out in force and were having a blast running along with us. I had to stop and take video, it’s not every day you get to run with big magnificent horses. 


video


video



Despite the rain we had a great time! I love the 15K distance and I would definitely do this one again!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...