Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Morning of Hope 5K Race Recap - April 15, 2017 - Casting for Hope

My April Race was once again the Morning of Hope 5K put on by Casting for Hope. Casting for Hope is a non for profit organization attending to the financial, emotional, and spiritual needs of women living with ovarian and gynecological cancers in western North Carolina.


I ran this race for the first time in 2016 and it quickly became one of my favorite events. I love this organization, these people and all the work they do for the women in our community.











One of my very favorite things about this race is the timing. It is held the Saturday before Easter. The Pastor from a local church in town comes and brings with him Holy Communion for participants to partake if they wish. There is a moment of prayer and then the runners from throughout the community join together in Communion with one another. It is always a beautiful and special moment.



The race this year was great, we had beautiful weather and a beautiful course. It was help on our local greenway which is one of my favorite places to run!





I placed 5th female overall which was pretty exciting.

I finished with a time of 30:04 at a 9:41/m pace. Not my best but certainly not my worst!





Tess also served as a volunteer for Casting for Hope throughout the year and also became very attached to this organization and cause. She poured herself into heling any way that she could and at this race she was given a special award and recognition as volunteer of the year! I am so very proud of her!









This event will continue to be a constant on my race calendar each year. I encourage you to check it out and join us next year!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...