Monday, February 20, 2017

Big Game 4 Miler Race Recap - February Race 2017

Oh my gosh did we find a fun February Race!!! All you NC peeps will want to check this one out!!

For February we ran the OS1st Big Game 4 Miler on Super Bowl Sunday, in honor of Super Bowl Sunday. 



The race started and finished at the Carolina Panthers Stadium in Charlotte, NC. 




My daughter Tess, and friends Elizabeth and Kathleen joined me for this one. It was super cold Sunday morning so we bundled up and left super early to get down to Charlotte. Charlotte is only an hour or so away but we needed to get there early to grab our bibs. The email that came out did make it sound like there might be a long line but there wasn't. 


We got a super cute long sleeved black soft Tshirt and a pint glass too!! So cool!!

After getting our goodies we headed back to the car to keep warm until start time. We were parked only a short warm up walk away. We managed to time the return just right with the exact amount of time we needed for a potty break and then we ran right into the start of the race!



I ran this one with Tess and I was so super proud of her she ran the entire thing with no stopping!!! She also has this super steady pace so I am certain that is how she did it. She stayed true to her pace and we finished strong together!! I love running races with her!!! 



The course was great and it was fun seeing all the football attire out there! Of course we choose the Carolina Panthers for our team and we wished they had made it to the Super Bowl! Maybe next year! 





Tess and I ran to finish hand in hand <3 What a fun way to kick off Super Bowl Sunday!




The race medal was awesome! It is now hanging out with it's fellow medals on my wall! 





I highly recommend this race, I would definitely do it again! 




No on to serious training to get ready for March! March will be my first half for the year!

What races have you ran? Any favorites you can recommend? 

Happy Running! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...