Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A reflection on 2016

2016 came and went in a flash! It amazes me how as I get older the years seem to get shorter and shorter. This past year was a great year but I am looking forward to 2017!

I have seen many people setting their 2017 goals and others who say they prefer not to. I love setting goals, even if I don’t reach them. I feel that by setting goals I set myself up for success and start the New Year off in a positive way.

For 2016 I set a lofty goal of running 1,000 miles, running two half marathons and incorporating cross training into my routine. I DID run two half marathons and I did add in some cross training for a little bit and then slacked off. I didn’t reach my mileage goal but I got further than ever before so for me the goal setting was a huge success. If I hadn’t set the goal I may have never even tried and I did meet one of my goals 100%. Without a goal I would not have had a direction to head. I am excited about my goals and I am proud of how far I have come this past year as a result of goals!

I ran 717 miles in 2016!! This is a big, huge, giant jump from my previous years! I am again so thankful for my goal because without it I may not have even reached this far!

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” ― Norman Vincent Peale

Each year I run I make it further and further! I love it!

2016 – 717 miles
2015 – 437 miles
2014 – 261 miles
2013 – 254 miles

This past year I also ran 9 races!

10K for Kids Cancer
South of the Mountain Trial Run

We didn’t get in any camping this past year, my girls are at the age where they are just not interested and having Tess still at home we have decided to wait until next year to get back out there!

We have gotten in a few great hikes and spent some time on the river!










2016 was a great year to run but I think 2017 will be even better!


One of my favorite podcasts, The Running Lifestyle Show, always closes with this quote:

“Honor where you have been and look forward to where you are going”

I love that! I am thankful for 2016 and cheers for the New Year!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...