Monday, September 12, 2016

On the run

This past week I got in 13 miles. I walked the dogs on Monday and ran Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 


On Friday our city was setting up for our Historic Downtown Festival. I love running in the wee hours of the morning when the festival is setting up! I imagine how much fun all the kids will have riding the rides and having their funnel cakes once the festival comes to life.







On Saturday I had the pleasure of working for the Asheville Marathon at the Asheville Off Road Series Expo. I love race expos and so I was looking forward to working one! I, along with three other Asheville Marathon Ambassadors, worked the event and invited Off Road Participants to sign up for the Asheville Marathon, Half Marathon or the Challenge. It was so much fun.




Being there seeing all the runners coming through that were planning to run the 10K on Sunday made me a little jealous! It made me want to run the event too!!  There is just so much excitement when folks are gearing up for a race!


After talking to one of the other Ambassadors I have decided to sign up for the Asheville Royal Trifecta!!!! O.M.G. I am so excited!! 


I am already registered for the Asheville Half and will sign up for the 15K or a 5K and the 10K and will get the Trifecta Medal upon completion! One of my fellow ambassadors said the trifecta medal is absolutely gorgeous! I do love a pretty medal lol!



In addition I have just signed up for my next half marathon (more on that to come)! I am super excited! 


I have found that it is so good for me to have goals; it keeps me on track and keeps me moving in the direction I want on this health and wellness journey I am on.


“Don’t follow your dreams, chase them”

Wishing you a happy and healthy week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...