Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Couch to 5K to Half Marathon Week 2


We are in Week #2 of our 12 Week Couch to 5K plan. We are having so much fun!!

Week one of the Run For God Program talks a lot about shoes and making sure you have the proper size and fit. The best thing to do is find a specialty shoe store somewhere nearby and go an actually get fitted for shoes. You don’t have to buy your shoe there but it is great to find out what type of shoe you should be wearing and if you are at all like me you may also find out you are wearing the wrong size. I have a narrow foot and so I was wearing a shoe an entire size too small to keep the heel from slipping. What I needed was a narrow shoe in the proper size! I was actually having some early foot pain as a result of improperly sized shoes. I am so glad I figured that out! 


Week two we talk gear. Of course running is reported to be one of the cheapest sports, all you need is an able body and a pair of shoes right? Right! Just one thing though, us runners can quickly turn in to gear junkies! Week two we talk about all the fun gear that is out there! You can check some of mine out here and I have so much more that I have yet to write about lol!


This week our training plan is as follows. 

 Workout #1, #2, & #3 
Start with a brisk 5-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and 2 minutes of walking for 20 minutes. Follow that with a 5-minute cool-down walk. Total Workout = 30 Minutes




We got in workout one on Monday and will do workout two at some point this week and work out three this weekend!



Happy Running!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...