Monday, August 8, 2016

Running along the river

I am generally the first to be so happy it’s Friday. I love the weekends. Does anyone not love the weekends? I guess I love them because I work Monday through Friday so Saturdays and Sundays are my R&R days!

My typical work day consists of my alarm (actually my husband’s alarm) going off at 4:20 am (I set mine for 4:30 am but he knows me all too well). I get up get myself woken up, throw on some running clothes, grab a cup of coffee, lace up and head out for a 3-4 mile run. I then go about my regular schedule.

The weekends however are my days to sleep in. So instead of getting up at 4:20 am I get up at 5:30 am. Bahahahahaha! Yep! My version of sleeping in!

This past Saturday was no exception. I was laced up and out the door by 5:50 am to meet my running friends at our local greenway at 6. It was still pretty dark when we started and I wished I had my Knuckle Lights with me but I had left them home so we used our phone flash lights.




We have been running 8 miles on our Saturday’s pretty consistently. We will start upping the mileage as we get closer to the Asheville Half. I am super excited that all my BRF’s are running it again with me this year!


We are so lucky to have the greenway close by. We can easily get 10 miles on the greenway and then there is a running track close enough that we can add a few extra miles. The greenway is also close enough to town that if and when we need more (like for marathon training one day) we can get all the miles!




The greenway runs along the river which is an added bonus! I am a water sign (Cancer) and water recharges me so much!




It has been warm and humid here! It was 70 degrees with 99% humidity on Saturday! We have had a lot of rain too and turtles!





It’s so crazy to me to think back to running my very first eight miles and now I run that many miles for the fun of it!

I am so thankful for the gift of running, I am thankful for my running friends and I love how rejuvenated I feel once I am done!




Happy Running, Camping, Kayaking, Hiking or just being outside friends! Have a wonderful week! #gooutside
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...