Monday, May 16, 2016

Simply Salty - Electro-Bites Review

I am so excited to have found these new salty goodies! I am a fueler, I absolutely hit a wall if I don't. I also get serious leg cramps if I do not fuel properly. I have, over the last year, worked to refine my daily nutrition and have paid special attention to in particular to my electrolytes. I acknowledge that for some time I was deficient in my electrolytes. 

In my most recent training for my third half marathon I incorporated Fuel100 Electro-Bites into my routine. I absolutely love them!! Electro-Bites are the perfect nutrition for athletes

They pack a generous 190mg Sodium, 55mg Potassium and 46mg Magnesium into each pack and made a huge difference for me since I have found them!



Side note, I love sweet stuff. I do not have an issue consuming sweet stuff on a run but I crave something salty!! Too much sweet can begin to upset my stomach. I also love a crunch! Chewy things are difficult for me to consume on a run. These Electro-Bites are perfect!! Salty and I can crunch them!! (They do have some sweet options too btw). Now I will share that they actually are not that crunch, they dissolve pretty quick and would completely dissolve if I didn't quickly crunch them. They are kind of like a very airy, light shortbread cookie consistency. I love them! They are light enough that they settle well in my stomach on a long run to and don’t give me that sloshy feeling other fuels sometimes do.

My fueling regimen is that I typically I do not fuel at all for a three-four mile run. If I am going to be running for more than 50 minutes however I carry fuel. For a longer run (more than 50 minutes) I will add a little pre-run nutrition and have a cup of coffee and banana before heading out and then at 50 min I have begun popping a few Electro-Bites. 

Displaying IMG_5930.JPG


For my last half marathon in March they seriously carried me through to a PR!! I started to feel a cramp coming on in my leg about mid-way through and so I quickly popped in a few bites and then had the rest probably about 20 min later. The packets are actually a generous portion and I am able to split it between two fueling times. That was the perfect combo for me!! I also of course grabbed water along the way at the stops but with my salty bites I was perfectly fueled for my race!! I still am over the moon that I got my first PR!!! I was so super excited!! I actually know that I could have even done better but I held back a bit to make sure I didn't overdo it. 

I fully intent to follow this same plan for the next and hopefully PR again!! Woot woot!!

If you are looking for the perfect nutrition option for your runs pick up a pack or two of these and give them a try! You will be so glad you did!

My favorite flavor is the Simply Salty. Yum Yum!! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...