Monday, March 21, 2016

This Weekend’s VIP Moleskin "Gear" Review

Well I did not get in any miles this weekend. I have been dealing with some ankle issues and the aftermath of a nasty blister this week so I took last week and this past weekend off. 


I ran the Asheville Half Marathon at Biltmore last weekend and the last several miles were on gravel roads. I was a bit ill prepared and may not have worn the right shoes for the terrain. At about mile nine I realized I had a blister on the bottom of my foot. At mile twelve my foot was in so much pain I was sure the blister had ruptured but at mile thirteen I knew it had not and it felt like it had doubled in size. 


When I got back to our campsite and I peeled my shoes off the culprit of my pain was easily identified! OUCH!!! My first thought was how in heck am I going to walk now? Later that afternoon I did pop the blister and drained the fluid. I was so glad I did! It was so painful to stand, walk, breath…


We had some Moleskin in with our camping gear. We had never used it but picked it up to deal with blisters that we may get on a strenuous backpacking trip. I hurriedly dug the Moleskin out and applied it to either side of my blister! AMAZING!




My blister was so big there was no cutting a hole in the middle of moleskin so I just cut two pieces and placed them on either side to take the pressure off the blister when I was walking and standing. 

Displaying IMG_4565.JPG

 The moleskin has saved me this week and I will now be keeping a package in with my running gear in addition to my camping gear and I suggest you do too!


Here is a great article about preventing and treating blisters! 

Happy Running!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...