Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Half Marathon Training 2016 Take Two

Back from the Asheville Half at Biltmore, unable to run for a week or so due to a homogenous blister and peroneal tendonitis and only five and a half weeks from my next half! 


 YIKES!


Ideally I will run 8 miles this weekend and add one mile each week until the race! In addition I will try to run three miles on Mondays, four miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays, walk three miles on Fridays and run three miles on Sundays. I am not at all worried about the blister but I am worried about my poor ankle! I have a bit of peroneal tendonitis that crept up at about mile twelve of my training plan leading up to the Asheville Half at Biltmore. 


What is peroneal tendonitis? Here is a video giving an overview.  


It doesn’t seem to hurt while I am running as much as it does while I am not running so I think that is good… I am going to enhance my ibuprofen, ice and elevation routine over the next five weeks and add in a few PT exercises I have found online. I know I should probably go see a physician but I just haven’t the time right now. Maybe I will go after this half if it is still bothering me. I am also going to use my KT Tape.  Here is a helpful video about KT Tape application for peroneal tendonitis.


With that said this week I am getting back to running, taking it kind of easy but at the same time working on my endurance.  I really hope to make better time at this next half so I am praying for a full recovery in the midst of this month! 


If you have any other recommendations for dealing with and preventing peroneal tendonitis please share! 


Happy Running!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...