Friday, January 1, 2016

High Five for Friday!

TGIF and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Instead of a Typical High Five for Friday I have decided to do a High Five for a Great 2015!

2015 brought with it all kinds of fun adventures!

1. James and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary! The year was so good I can hardly believe it has been a year already! 

We had a wonderful date night in Lake Lure to celebrate us! We have enjoyed six years of date nights in Lake Lure! Here we are then and now!


My photographer wrote the most perfect blog post in honor of our anniversary!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Here is a little re-cap video of our most perfect day!






2. My oldest daughter Madie graduated high school in June and is off to college! I can not believe how quickly 18 years goes by!

This is a video montage of the past 18 years of her life! I swear it feels as if it happend as quickly as this video shows. Now on the the next chapter!





We had a fabulous graduation brunch celebration the day after Graduation!

















Madie had freshman orientation at her university the next two days and the day after that she and I hopped a plane to Germany to celebrate her graduation (we also spent a day France)!! 














The trip was amazing!

We were however glad to get home to the other half of our little family! 

In August we moved Madie to College, in September she turned 18 and it has been a whirlwind of events! She is currently home on break between semesters and I am loving it!



3. My little baby girl Tess turned 16!! Again how in the world this happens so fast is beyond me! I swear it was yesterday she was riding a hot wheels and now she has a set of real wheels of her very own!



I took her on the traditional Sweet 16 girls beach trip and we had an absolute blast! 











It is such a fun time in the life of a teenager and I have had so much fun making it special for her! 

One of my guilty pleasures is the build up of a surprise! This Sweet 16 was no exception! I had led Tess to believe that she probably would not get a car the day she turned 16 because things had been so busy with Madie's graduation that I just had not had the time to look for a car. She was disappointed but understood and I promised we'd look as soon we got back from the beach. As all the girls slept on the way back from the beach I pulled off the interstate into a parking lot a bit closer to home where James met us and we surprised her with her car the day BEFORE her birthday!! It was great!!







She LOVED it!! 




4. I ran my very first half marathon in April 2015! It was amazing!! I never in all my life imagined I would ever be a runner and here I am running a half! 






5. Struggling a bit to get my groove back so to speak this past year  I have finally found my pace and am back on the run!! It's been a busy wonderful year and I am looking forward to 2016!! 






Oh yeah and I got to meet Harriette Thompson at the Night of Light Race!! At 92 she is setting marathon records!!! She is the oldest woman to have completed a Marathon!!



What an inspiration she is!!

Yes there was quite a bit more squeezed into this year but these would have to be my top five! I sure hope I didn't forget one that was even better ha! Well in the sprit of the new year "Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should old acquaintance be forgot, and old lang syne? For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne. And surely you’ll buy your pint cup! and surely I’ll buy mine! And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne. We two have run about the slopes, and picked the daisies fine; But we’ve wandered many a weary foot, since auld lang syne. We two have paddled in the stream, from morning sun till dine†; But seas between us broad have roared since auld lang syne. And there’s a hand my trusty friend! And give me a hand o’ thine! And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne."

Happy New Year!!! May you have a healthy, happy and prosperous two thousand sixteen!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...