Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I am a "fandana"! Handana review!

I have a new favorite piece of running gear!!

As I began my training for my first half marathon I found myself asking lots and lots and lots of questions. Luckily I have a few seasoned runner friends and I was able to pick their brain about many of my questions. One however I just couldn't quite figure out...

My race was going to be in April and when I began training of course it was winter so I was wearing long sleeves... Ok let me warn you this post gets kind of gross so look away now if you don't want to hear about a running reality I face... I experience a bit of a nasal drip when I run. Yuck! I know many others do too but I just couldn't find a lot of advise on how to handle it in the summer... Winter long sleeves served me well but what about the summer when I am wearing a tank? I saw some products on the market that were kind of like a handkerchief that wrap around your wrist but that seemed pretty bulky and a bit of work to open and close it when needed. I know several people who do the whole "snot rocket" thing, there are actually tutorials on how to manage the perfect "snot rocket", but that is just not for me!! I also know runners who have told me they just wipe their nose on the inside of their T-shirt and I guess that was my plan until I discovered the Handana!

I can not begin to tell you how excited I was when I ran across this product! This was the answer to my one question I hadn't quite figured out an answer to! Aside from being my nasal drip solution it is also the perfect sweatband!

The Handana is made from a very soft wicking material and it is designed to slip perfectly on your hand, similar to a glove. It comes in a variety of sizes and colors for both men and women. They are made in the USA and were created by a runner for runners (a very inspirational runner Katie Niemeyer who courageously survived Stevens Johnson Syndrome at age 16 and went on to become a lifesaving nurse, runner, mother and inventor of the Handana)! In addition to being my new running must have this product will also serve me well when hiking through the Blue Ridge Mountains and works well for cyclist, spinners, cross fitters, yogis, etc. as well!

You can purchase your very own Handana at www.myhandana.com



I have small hands and got an X-Small. I would say these fit true to size! My handana stays put throughout my run and serves me very very well. I simply thrown it in the wash with my running clothes and it's fresh and clean and ready for the next run!




The Handana was a crucial part of my Half Marathon Must Haves!

I absolutely love the Handana and I know you will too!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...