Wednesday, March 25, 2015

How did I end up here?


I'm still kind of in shock that I am doing this, that I am training for a half marathon. 

I did not start out on this running journey with that in mind!

When the words first came out of my mouth that maybe I would do a half I swear I was joking! Who was I kidding! Three miles is enough for me, no way I could add ten more to my run!

When I questioned myself "Wait, why couldn't I?" and really started to think about I decided I certainly could!



I began my training plan and decided that if I made it to 7 miles I would register...

Fate had other plans for me! I was sitting at home one morning browsing Facebook when I saw a contest! "Enter to win a Greenlayer and Run Like a Diva Prize Package" which included a free race registration for the race I was starting to train for! The Divas Half Marathon in N. Myrtle Beach. 



 I never enter contests! Mainly because I don't typically win these things, the odds are never in my favor! This contest simply asked you to say what being a Diva means to you! For whatever reason I did enter this one, I had nothing to loose! 

"Being a Diva will mean I have signed up for my first half marathon!!! I am currently training for it but haven't yet registered. Registering will mean I have decided to be brave and that I have gained the confidence to run it, to Run Like A Diva!!"

 Three days later I found out I WON!!!!!! 




I was and am still so excited!!!!! I won I won I won!!! Oh crap! Now I definitely have to do this!!! Ha!! I won the race registration and technical apparel from Greenlayer!!! 

Chances are that I would have talked a good talk about the possibility of running a half, I would have even tried, I would have gotten to five maybe six miles and then I would have given up! This has not been easy and several times I have wanted to throw in the towel! Fate intervened and gave me something that I had to push for!!!! I am so thankful and humbled to have won this and I can honestly say those long hard runs have become my most favorite and cherished!! I have this feeling of great achievement now every time I make it just a little bit farther!! Running May come naturally to some people but for so many it does not! I thank God for the ability to run, for my ability to find my strength and courage and for the opportunity to run this race!!


Women's National Running Series

#


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...