Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Story of Us

Trying to catch you up from the last couple of months that we were MIA with everything happening in our world.

I really want to share the story of our wedding!!!

The story starts with our first cup of coffee...James was living about an hour away, we went to high school together and had reconnected in July 2009. We decided to meet up for coffee on August 8th, 2009... And here we are today... Happily ever after!

A little over three years later on Sunday, December 2, 2012 he proposed.

Rough Ridge Trail

He had been asking me for quite some time what all we had going on for the upcoming weekends. I like to have plans on the weekends. I am not much of a do nothing on the weekend’s kind of girl and things were getting busy through November and December with the holidays. The Saturday after Thanksgiving we had gone up to the mountains to pick out and cut down our Christmas Tree and on the way home we stopped at Moses Cone Manor. While there we picked up a new hiking and trails book. We had spent the summer before camping and hiking along the parkway. He suggested that we go for a hike on a trail close to where we had been camping most of the summer the following weekend. We had originally planned to go, with the girls, on Saturday the 1st but things came up and we moved our plans to Sunday the 2nd. Sunday morning we got up and headed out to the Blue Ridge Parkway to find the Rough Ridge Trail. The girls, James and I hiked up to this beautiful, most breathtaking spot. I took a few pictures and then asked my youngest daughter to take of few of the two of us. She snapped several and handed me back the camera. Perfect I thought…

Rough Ridge Trail

Rough Ridge Trail

Rough Ridge Trail

He then said "Let’s take a couple more". At first I was thinking well that's kind of weird, he wants to take more pictures? He's usually more like "enough pictures already" but then I thought "Yay!!! More Pictures!!!" ;) I joined him back on the edge of the rock and my daughter started snapping away. Within a few moments he took hold of my hand and went down on one knee... I honestly still had no idea what was happening and for just a brief second I thought oh we must be sitting to take a picture then he said "Will you marry me?" I was completely surprised. I said "Yes of course!!!" It was the perfect proposal!

Rough Ridge Trail

Rough Ridge Trail

The girls also had no idea and were equally surprised! I am so fortunate to have this picture of the very moment! Thankfully my youngest daughter thought to snap just one more!!

I love this man more than words can say! We are so happy and so in love! We set our date soon thereafter for October 4, 2014.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...