Monday, March 3, 2014

This Weekend's VIP - Dr. Scholl's® Tri-Comfort® Orthotics Review

I am quickly approaching one year of running! Time flies when you are having fun! On my running journey I have been learning how my body works and how my body responds to running more and more each day. I have learned that proper shoes, proper fitstretching and rolling, Zensah Compressing Sleeves and KT Tape are life savers!! In addition Dr. Scholl's® Tri-Comfort® Orthotics have been essential to my running success!


During my first few months of running I began experiencing pain and issues in my lower legs and feet. I made adjustments to my running routine, added a few items to my running gear must haves and made sure I was properly stretching. All things combined began to produce improvements in the way I felt. A friend of mine also suggested orthotics and when shopping at my local super market one day I ran across these. I decided to pick these up and give them a try for $6.00 before investing more on a pair at a specialty running store for $40-$60. I wasn't quite sure if I'd be able to run with them or not.

Turns out these are great! I took out the sock liner from my Brooks and inserted these in their place and I have been running with them ever since! I am actually probably due for a new pair (can you tell...). The recommendation from the manufacturer is to get a new pair every 6 months and I just started thinking maybe it's time. I have noticed a slight decrease in the support previously provided. I have probably had these about eight months now.



I will probably try out the Superfeet insoles next but I would absolutely wear these again and if I find I don't like Superfeet I will come back to these! I just enjoy trying new things and want to give Superfeet a try! I suggest that if you are not sure how/if and insert/insole will work for you try out the Dr. Scholl's® Tri-Comfort® Orthotics. This is such an inexpensive option and in my opinion works perfectly! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...