Monday, February 3, 2014

This Weekend's VIP - Zensah

I am one lucky lady! You know you are a runner when you Christmas looks a bit like this:


Did I mention I am one lucky lady??!!

One of my gifts was a pair of Zensah Compression Sleeves! They are pretty amazing! 

I know I have mentioned before that I get this weird leg pain every now and again. I have been running with my compression sleeves since Christmas and I love them!! I can tell a difference! I am not quite sure what my pain is due to (improper stretching, circulation, shin splints) and it isn't quite bad enough for me to seek professional advice, I have just been sort of trying out different things and ruling things out that don't work! So far I have found that if I stretch (before and after my runs), drink plenty of water, wear my Zensah sleeves on my runs and use my KT Tape as needed I seem to have no issues!

The sleeves did take a few days to get used to. I have found that I am super sensitive to "different" on my runs. I listen to the same play list, wear the same shoes, have on the "right" running attire, make sure not to eat before a run, have my arm band on the right arm (not left, that feels awkward).... This list goes on a little bit more... In other words if the stars are not perfectly aligned my run is a bit off. Wearing the Zensah sleeves felt different... But once I wore them twice I got back into my groove and am loving them! 


Life lesson learned is to give "different" a chance :)

James got me the Reflect Compression Leg Sleeves and they are bright!! So much fun!! 


Mine are the XS/S and I would say they fit true to size. 


They are actually very light weight and go unnoticed under running pants or you can be completely noticed when wearing shorts or cropped pants :)

Zensah reports the many benefits of compression include:

Enhanced blood circulation as a result of improved venous return. The deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster, which in turn helps to improve blood flow of oxygen rich blood back to the body.

Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance by aiding in the removal of blood lactate. Reducing blood lactate concentration during maximal exercise bouts, allows for an increased lactic threshold. Studies have shown that athletes with a high lactate threshold perform better.

Enhanced warm-up via increases in skin temperature.

Reduced muscle oscillation/vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle help prevent microtrauma to the muscles, making for a faster and easier recovery.

Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling and inflammation.

Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency.

Improved leg power and vertical jump through enhanced proprioception.


I recommend giving Zensah a try!! You won't be disappointed!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...