Tuesday, February 4, 2014

5 miles!! What what!!

I love setting goals and meeting them! The trick for me is to set short term goals and work towards those! When you get there set the next one and work toward it!

I know you are probably tired of hearing about how I ran my first mile in 2013. But seriously.... I ran 1 mile without stopping for the first time less than one year ago! For me this was huge!! I never thought it was possible, I pretty much hated running, I even hated running to my car if it was pouring down, I was one of those people saying:



But I decided to give it a try and ran a mile! My next goal was a mile and a half... Did that! Then on to 3 miles... Accomplished!!! 

I am sure to my runner friends I sound like a broken record when I repeatedly ask "do you run that far without stopping?" I just assume because I am spent at three miles that they must be breaking. I have learned that some people do, some people don't. Its personal preference. Some people make better time doing intervals some people just run it till the end. I am extremely fascinated with those who run distances not stop!

Ok I say "distances" as if suddenly now three miles isn't a distance lol! Three mile is where I am comfortable! Three miles is my go to run! Three miles is certainly a distance but over three seems like bigger "distance".

Around Thanksgiving I ran 4 miles and suddenly felt on my way to running "distances"!! I then set a goal of 5 miles. I didn't put a date on my goal I just decided that at some point when I was "feeling it" I would do it! I then ran my 3 mile go to run for the next several weeks.

On January 18th I ran 5 miles!! What what!!! I can not tell you how proud I am of my self! This was a huge hurdle for me! It was hard, I had a few moments during the run that I wanted to quit. Thank goodness for people placed strategically on the route... Doing their own thing, minding their own business... In my mind they were watching me to see what I would do. You know you can't stop running when you see people (and they see you back) ha! I ramped up, pushed through and did it!

After that run I felt amazed, refreshed, recharged... The list goes on and on! 

I am now back to my three mile go to run (when it's not 5 degrees outside) and my next goal is 6 miles!! (When I am "feeling it".)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...