It's getting colder... I wake up at 4:30 am to hit to road running, literally, by 5 am... Did I mention it's getting colder...
Every morning I go out it's just a tad bit colder. I have starting thinking about the things I am going to need to have so that I can keep running through the colder months. I do not plan on stopping just because it is too cold! Running is not going to be my fair weather friend.
So far I am loving the cooler mornings, I am totally rocking those runs!! I don't get as hot and sweaty and am able to go faster and farther. Now to remember how great it is on those really cold mornings... ;)
Here is my list of must haves for running in the upcoming months:
- Of course running shoes. Trial shoes may even work out better in bad weather, they offer more traction and are a bit more water resistant.
- Running tights. One layer on the bottom is generally sufficient, your legs will generate plenty of heat during a run.
- Wool Running Socks. Yep Wool! Smart Wool and Darn Tough make wool running socks. They should keep your feet warm and dry!
- Compression Socks are not a bad idea either, they will add extra warmth if needed to your lower legs and help with circulation.
- Wear a wicking shirt as an upper base layer.
- Wear a warm insulating top layer. If you warm up during your run it is easy to shed when wearing layers.
- Thermal or Knit Cap to keep your head warm or an ear warming head band to keep your ears covered.
- A Buff!! This is the perfect neck gaiter, pull it up when you need to warm your face and reduce the chill of the air as you inhale.
- Gloves!! Go with running gloves or thin wind resistant gloves. These will be more comfortable to wear and will keep this fingers from freeeeeezzzzzzing....
Can you recommend anything else I should add to my list? Feel free to leave comments!
As the winter approaches be on the look out for winter running safety tips!
Stop by and see us on: