Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Partners in crime... I mean RUNNING!!! ;)

So far in my running journey I have had the privilege of running with a partner! It was my girl friends who got me into running to begin with and I plan to keep running with my running buddy as long as I can.

We have had our moments, rather injuries, which have resulted in some solo runs and while solo runs are good, just you and the road and there is a peace that goes along with that, I prefer running with my partner.

Running with a partner motivates me to get out there and run. Making a commitment to someone else keeps me committed to myself as well! “When I say I'ma do something, I do it” (Quote from one of my running jams, Not Afraid by Eminem lol). When we say we’re meeting to run we do! Having my partner makes me accountable!



I feel challenged when I run with a partner! I think we challenge each other. We set a goal for how far we want to go and go for it! Neither of us wants to be the first one to stop so we push through all the way to the end! Without a running partner I would never have gotten to where I am now!



Running together helps me keep pace! It’s easy to start off running faster because your pumped about the run and you want to get going but if you don’t pace yourself you will hit a wall. Running alongside someone helps you keep your stride in check, as you work through your run keeping pace with each other which ultimately helps you go the distance.



I feel encouraged with my partner; we talk about our runs often and encourage each other when we need it!

We keep each other in check when it comes to injury too! I think we have self-diagnosed ourselves with all sorts of pulled this and that, strains here and there and talked about the stretches we need to do. We have also suggested that we get actual medical advice when needed and we have worked through those pains and strains together.

Running with a partner is safer, especially for women. We run early in the morning and it is darker. There is strength in numbers!

I wouldn't be a runner if it weren't for my partner and I am so happy we did this together!


"There are friendships that have been forged by dedication and by pain, by defeat and by accomplishment, by mud and by sweat, by laughter and by tears. Friends who have seen each other when we look our worst and when we look our best, when we feel like we could collapse and when we've won our biggest victory. Friends who encourage us when we want to stop, stick with us when we're about to fall, and run beside us not just in races but every day. These are the types of friendships that don't fade with time and don't dwindle with distance. These are running partners." -Ellen Gass

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/deanneandjames
  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...