Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Committing to Run the Race

I am so excited!! I have signed up for my first race (so excited that I went ahead and signed up for my second)!! Yep, I have signed up for two 5K's in October! I am thrilled, the pressure is on now! I have really enjoyed challenging myself through running and look forward to how I know I will feel once I have accomplished this! I have set a goal time and I am going to try to push myself to achieve it. If I don't... No sweat... I will try try again! 


I have only starting really running this year. I started out with no intentions on being a "runner". I was peer pressured into it so to speak. My friends wanted to start running and I decided to go along with the crowd. Now I am hooked!! I am now running at least 5 out of 7 days a week! Peer pressure is serious business, proceed with caution!!




I am so happy in this case that I did cave to the pressure of my friends in this case, I have never felt better in my life! The changes in my mood, energy levels, sleep patterns, body, etc. have been amazing!

I am, however, nervous about this first race. I have thought about and talked about several races leading up to this first one but just didn't make the commitment. This is the first race I have pre-registered for. I am committed now and I follow through on my commitments! 



I am not sure how I will feel surround by a mass of other runners. Will I feel competitive (probably ha), will I feel small and insignificant, lost in the crowd (not sure)? When I am on the road alone I feel as if I own it, this will be very different. I know it may seem so easy, especially to those of you who do multiple races, big races, half's, fulls, etc. every year; for me this is my first hurdle (all mental) and I need to get over it to continue to move forward. 

We only get to run our first 5K once in my lifetime. I plan to finish like a rock start and I will celebrate this accomplishment! 

Thank goodness its only 3.1 miles! The race is first thing in the morning so maybe James will have a yummy breakfast ready for me when I get home ;)





Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/deanneandjames

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...