Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Up before the sun!

I love running in the mornings, it is the only time of the day I am not busy. I wake up at 4:30 a.m. fuel up a bit and get out the door for my run by 5:00 a.m.



My busy day then officially begins at 6:00 a.m. when I get the girls up for school, get cleaned up and dressed up for the day, head out the door no later than 7:15 a.m. and head to the office for my 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. day then home for dinner, ball games, after school activities, homework, laundry, pack lunches for the next day, etc. By 9:00 p.m. I am exhausted! Morning runs better fit my schedule.

A morning run will jump start your metabolism and your body will be charged up and ready to burn calories throughout the day!

According to several studies morning runs burn more fat! Because you are waking up and running before breakfast you are in what is called a fasted state or semi-fasted state. A person is considered to be in a fasted state after 8-12 of no food or drink and because you are (hopefully) getting 8 hours of sleep you will wake up in this state. In a fasted state your carbohydrate stores are depleted and since carbs are typically your energy source in their absence your body will use fat as energy to fuel your run!


Running in the morning also improves your mood. I feel happier and more energetic throughout the day when I run in the morning than if I miss my run. Exercise releases endorphins, endorphins create a feeling of well being and a sense of exhilaration! What better way to start the day than feeling well and exhilarated!



Morning runs wake you up allowing you to be clear and focused for the day! Mornings are cooler making the run much more enjoyable. The air is fresh and crisp. I love that the town is still asleep. The sun is not yet up, the streets are quiet with only a few cars and a few people walking their dogs. It feels as if the town is mine and I can run wherever I want. It is fun and I enjoy exploring new streets as I add to my routine. I get home after my run feeling refreshed and ready for a new day!

These are just some of the benefits of running in the mornings, running in general produces many many more benefits such as heart health, bone strength, optical health (yep), pulmonary health and the list goes on and on!



Don't forget to enter our giveaway!



a Rafflecopter giveaway
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...